Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Ari Muhammed Ali FCIA, PCS+ has unleashed terror on criminal elements in the state, promising to make the state uncomfortable for an evil minded person.
Ali, whose tenure kicked off not long ago, had on assumption of office, put the men and officers in high morals and red alert, and the fruits are already beginning to show with much clampdowns and arrests of unlawful elements terrorising the state through Illicit drug trafficking, and other crimes such as rape and kidnapping.
Among major breakthroughs the Command has made included the arrest of suspected cultists in some communities, bursting of armed robbery gang and operations and others.
- On the 18/3/2021 at about 1300hrs, sequel to ongoing leadership crises in Oviri-Olomu community and used suspected cultists in an attempt to murder indigenes of the community. The Divisional police officer Otu-Jeremi division, CSP Pius Eredei led patrol team to Oviri community in a bid to stop the crisis and restore peace and order in the community, through cultivation of informant and discrete investigation, one Edijala Oghenero ‘m’ 25yrs old and seventeen (17) others all suspected to be cultists were arrested. One (1) cut-to-size locally made gun, one (1) expanded and one (1) live cartridges, a battled axe, two (2) cutlasses and fetish items were recovered. Investigation is ongoing.
- On the 17/3/2021 at about 1930hrs, a manhunt of some suspects that have been terrorizing the Delta state Command and neighboring states with kidnapping and armed robbery attacks, base on gathered intelligence, the commander eagle net SP Dimka mobilized Warri and Ughelli sectors of Eagle-Net teams which was led by DSP Inusa Danyaya to Delundi Hotel Otor-Udu in Udu LGA which led to arrest of one (1) Uduophori Emesiri ‘m’ age 43yrs of Marit close Otor-Udu. One (1) silver coloured automatic pump action, with four (4) live cartridges, three (3) expanded cartridges, a Lexus Jeep 330 black colour, Reg. No. KUJ 583 MS suspected to be stolen, (1) iphone, 11 Promo phone worth five hundred and fifty (N550,000), one redmi android phone worth four hundred thousand naira (N400,000). The suspect was also in possession of an Anti-Cult group I.D card which investigation later revealed as fake. Investigation is still ongoing.
- On the 18/3/2021 at about 0345hrs, at new road junction Sapele, patrol team from Sapele Division on stop and search sighted a motorcyclist who on sighting the patrol team turned his motor cycle in an attempt to escape, the police men smartly went after him, the suspect highlighted from the motorcycle and ran into the bush, the suspect immediately ran into the bush and abandoned a bag, on searching the bag, a cut-to-size double barrel gun, a bag containing two identity card of Delta State Polytechnic Otefe Oghara, four ATM of various banks were recovered, the suspect also abandon one plasma TV tied on the motorcycle. Manhunt for the fleeing suspect is ongoing.
- On the 18/3/2021 at about 0800hrs, one Etokwu Fidelis ‘m’ of No. 19 Obi Ikechukwu road Agbor reported at the Station that he was attacked with two bottles at Iregwa street Agbor-Obi by one Matthew Ifemecho ‘m’ who after the attack rushed to his house opposite the scene and brought a locally made short gun and shot at his motorcycles thereby causing damage to it. The divisional police officer Agbor immediately mobilized police men to the scene, and arrested the said suspect, one (1) locally made short gun was recovered from him, investigation is ongoing.
- On the 18/3/2021 at about 2230hrs, based on intelligence gathering and credible information, the DPO Otor-Owhe division SP Nnamdi Chidi led patrol team to Oti-Oghor where one (1) Bright Anthony ‘m’ who specialized in stealing motorcycles was arrested. Suspect confessed that he steals motorcycles in Abraka and sells in Oti-Oghor. He further mentioned one Justice Atama as member of his syndicate which also led to his arrest and unregistered Qlink motorcycle was also recovered at the residence of one Victor ‘m’ surname unknown still at large which he bought from the said Bright Anthony. Effort is in progress to recover the other stolen motorcycles. And to arrest the fleeing suspect.
- Use of hard drugs has been on major problem affecting Nigerian Youth, The divisional police officer Abraka division has been on the lookout for those that unlawfully sell these drugs to our youth with the goal to arrest and prosecute them. On the 17/3/2021 at about 1030hrs, After discrete investigation, intelligence gathering and surveillance by men of Abraka division, A team of detectives led by ASP Collins Onya of Abraka Division in conjunction with Abraka youths headed by their President one Efe Don Kigho, the team swift into action and arrested three (3) chemist owners: one Mr. Nmoye Kenneth ‘m’ 27yrs, Ofeh Collins ‘m’ 35yrs and Raymond Emeka ‘m’ 33yrs. The above suspects deal on the sales of hard drugs and currently arrested with prohibited drugs in large quantities , they include Tramadol, Rohypnol, Sioinol, Diazepam. Investigation is ongoing to arrest their accomplices.
- On the 16/3/2021 at about 1030hrs, Mr. Larry Opori ‘m’ of No. 19 Akponena street reported that on the 2nd of February, 2021 one Jame Emmanuel Oludare during a chat with his brighter one Ebiwori Opori ‘m’ who is currently in prison custody Sokoto via facebook, said that the said Emmanuel Oludare introduced himself as a DSS officer that he can secure his release from prison with the sum of seven hundred and twenty thousand (N720, 000) which was transferred into his Access bank account No. 1425728133. He stated further that since then Oludare refused to pick his call. The divisional police officer mobilized men immediately to track down the said suspect, the suspect Jame Emmanuel Oludare ‘m’ was arrested.
In a statement signed by the Acting Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSP Edafe Bright, the Command itemised verifiable achievements as follows:
Investigation is ongoing.